Monday, June 22, 2009

Beach buds

What a lovely beach! Matt and I took the boys a couple of weeks ago to Topsail Beach, NC. It's near Wilmington, NC. Our close friends Tony and Susie were staying there for the second time with their family for the week. Gabby our goddaughter was celebrating her 2nd birthday, and we wanted to meet the newest member of their adorable family, baby Sophia. We rented a duplex from vrbo.com for two nights. It makes so much more sense to rent a condo or home when you have more than one child than to stay in a cramped hotel room without a kitchen. I highly recommend that website for all your accomodation needs.
Tony has the sweetest family! They ALWAYS make us feel so special and so welcome whenever we see them. We've told them many times that we wouldn't mind them adopting us into their family if they are looking for more. They are too sweet to say, NO WAY! :) We were so surprised by Evan's reaction to the beach, because he absolutely hated it. Matt and I are both fishes, and love the beach. Naturally, we thought Evan would be the same. We are hoping that this is will pass, or maybe he's more into mountains. If that's the case he'll be thrilled when he realizes where we've moved to.
Here are some photos from Gabby's Minnie Mouse themed party. With matching t-shirts and all! Susie is just the best when it comes to things like...EVERYTHING!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great time at the beach house. Let's plan on making it an annual retreat. I'll be happy to bribe Daphne with a Pina Colada. Can't wait to see you guys in Greenville later this year!

Beat Emetaphobia said...

It was so great seeing the whole family and to finally meet Baby Joel. We are so blessed to have friends like you who were willing to make the trek to see us. Hopefully this beach trip was a nice warm up for Evan to the one you'll make in a few weeks to Florida (I'm jealous by the way that you get to meet Baby Lauren so soon!) Thanks for posting some photos. I'll have to refer my blogging followers to your site since mine is on temporary hold at this point.