Friday, May 21, 2010

two days of goodbyes

these past two days has been rough.  we've had to say, "goodbye" to our kindermusik teachers and our rock springs mmo teachers.  wednesday was evan's last day of class for his "away we go" kindermusik class.  we just recently started him in the classes several months ago, and already i've seen his musical development grow.  he picks up melodies so quickly and repeats them.  he likes to mimic the sounds instruments make, and even his teacher said that "he's a good singer".  although, evan being like me loves the social aspect of the class.  it's so neat to see his personality developing at the tender age of 33 months.  now today was joel's last day of kindermusik, and also evan's last day of his mmo program.  joel's been in kindermusik since october 2009.  he started out being "baby joel" in the class, and now he's almost as big as his class mates.  he has learned to be a good helper, and put things away when asked.  he's a sweet boy, but we are still working on taming his tantrums.  he doesn't mind putting things away himself, but really dislikes it when someone (mami mostly) takes things away from him.  evan is getting so good about it.  he'll share the toys with his little brother.  he'll say, "here joel".  school at rock springs baptist church has made such a positive impact on him.  his teachers really loved him.  you could just tell they enjoyed "little evan" being there, and they missed him when he was absent.  we will always have a fond place in our hearts for both ms. kim and ms. tammi.  evan also entered school this year being in diapers, and by february he was potty trained.  here's a big thank you to all the wonderful ladies in evan's life.  you've made a huge positive impact in him, and we are so thankful. 

1 comment:

Berry Family said...

I love all the pictures, especially the one of Evan showing off his bracelet. So proud of it! Big boy stuff for sure!
I bet these past few days have been hard for you guys. I know you love it in Easley and wish we could have gotten up there to explore "your SC". I hope I'm right when I say that I bet you'll love Birmingham just as much with all of it's culture and Southern Charm. Can't wait to hear and see pictures of your cruise!