Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our January

Here's a brief run down of our January 2011...

Keeping to tradition, each year we celebrate Three Kings day on January 6. All that's left out of the Christmas decorations is the nativity sets. The formal Willow Tree collection, and the boy's Little People set.

It snowed a couple days later. We had just had snow on Christmas day, but this one lasted for a couple of days. It was so much fun to play in, cause it came down big and fluffy. Matt and our neighbor Paul took on the big hill that's across from our house. Matt used the lid of our trash can...yuck. Can ya'll tell we're from Alabama now...hahaha.


On January 20, Joel turned two! We celebrated with a cake from Publix once Matt got home. It was a quiet day, but a good one. Joel knew it was his special day. Sometimes I feel bad that Joel's birthday is in January. It's easy to still be recovering from the Christmas presents and the all the traveling from the holidays. I decided this year that from now on I will try to throw Joel a party for his birthday.


The following weekend we celebrated Matt, Mark, my Dad and Benjamin's birthdays down in Chiefland and Ocala, Florida. We stayed several days with Mark and Wendy. We enjoyed these really cute mini animal cakes that Wendy made. They were so cute! The kids also got to go to Sun Country to play among all the gym equipment. Unfortuantly, I wasn't able to do anything that entire day. I was suffering from a very bad head cold. I spent the day in bed! I was really disappointed not to be able to spend quality time with Aidan and Ben. On Saturday before going down to Ocala we had the boys photos taken by Amanda Cannon. They turned out great! Later that evening we surprised my Dad with a party at a restaurant, Latinos Y Mas. Some of his friends and family were able to make it all the way from Miami. Even his brother, Alfredo came up with his wife Maria. It meant the world to him. He was in total shock. I'm so glad too. It was his 75th birthday, and he needed to know just how special he is to everyone.


Thanks to Ruth for taking the pictures, and to Marty for picking up the cake!

No comments: