Friday, October 12, 2007

Big week

This has been a big week for Evan and I. In the beginning of the week we attended our first postpartum luncheon at the hospital. It was great to meet other mommies and their babies. We enjoyed a speaker and free food! Evan was very well behaved. After the luncheon we met with the lacation consultant. Evan and I did a timed feeding to see how much he is getting in a feeding. At the beginning of the feeding he weighed 10.10 lbs. and at the end of the feeding (seven minutes) he weighed 10.12 lbs. Needless to say, he's getting the nourishment he needs. Evan likes to chug his milk since I produce an over abundance of milk!
Later in the week Evan and I attended our first "Alachua County Moms" function. It was a morning stroller walk at the park. We had a good time and got to meet more mommies and their babies. Evan and I are enjoying doing activities together.
Last week Matthew signed a contract to work with a dentist in a private practice in Gainesville. They are very excited about having Matt on board. He starts full time in November!
Here's the slide show of our week...

1 comment:

Beat Emetaphobia said...

He is getting bigger and cuter and more alert the more photos you post! Isn't it just so much fun to be a mommy to such a cutie? I wish I could give him a big squeeze. Glad to hear your first few outings were a success. Enjoy your little one and give him big hugs from us.

-Gabster's mommy