Fall is a busy time. I absolutely love the changing of the Seasons. Palm trees seem less attractive to me these days, except for one thing, they don't loose their leaves. If you've never been in Birmingham then you have no idea what I'm talking about. Birmingham is "tree city, usa". No, really it is. I've never seen so many people out working on their yards, raking leaves. Hey, on the bright side at least it gets us outdoors enjoying the beautiful Fall weather.
In this post I've got a couple of October activities that I need to include in addition to our going ons from this month.
Today (11/18/2010) Joel had his Adeniodectomy and tubes places in his ears. We are happy and excited for his future, which will hopefully include less ear infections and colds. He's had it rough. Thank you to all of our friends and family who called and texted us with messages of encouragement and prayers! It worked. He didn't fuss or cry one bit. All the staff and doctors commented on his behavior. Even though he was a perfect paitent we hope he won't be a paitent again.
Our October was so much fun. Matt and the boys carved a pumpking that we got at Evan's preschool pumpkin patch. They thought it was the coolest thing ever.
We were able to spend sometime with two sets of really good friends, the Berrys and the Snyders in the same weekend...Halloween. The Berrys really spoiled us rotten, and we always have sooo much fun with them. Their little girl Lauren is all girl, and I really loved being around her since I never get to. Tricia and I went and got a must-needed Pedicure...Thank you, Tootoo. Eric took Matt and Evan out on his boat for a couple hours fishing, and Evan loved it. The last night the adults went out for a kid-free night at Captain Anderson's in Panama City Beach. It was soooo good. The food was sooooo good. We definitely left with our belly's feeling satisfied. On Sunday (Halloween) we left and on the way back to Birmingham we stopped off to trick-or-treat with the Snyders in Montgomery, AL.. It's on the way, and it was the perfect excuse to get the kiddos together for some fun, plus it would be too late by the time we got back to B'ham to trick-or-treat. I didn't take photos, but Heather did. I'll try and upload them to my computer. She has a great camera, so I don't even try when I'm with her.
Evan's last Mountain Brook Soccer club game was two weeks ago, so I included photos from his last two games. Luckily, it worked out that Mima got to see him in action for his last game. He's a work in progress, but the most important thing is that he LOVES it, which makes us so happy to see him running back and forth.
I also go to see and meet Dr. Condoleezza Rice. I spent the seconds I had with her telling her how amazing she was and what an honor it was to meet her. I so respect her as a minority woman, and leader. She's done so much for this country, and she super smart. I am not even sure if she registered anything I said to her, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to tell her. I had a Birmingham Southern college student I met in line take my photo, so since I'm talking to her you can't see my face.
The slideshow goes from Oct. 8th until Nov. 7th...
No comments:
Post a Comment