Monday, January 26, 2009

He's here!

Joel arrived unexpectedly at 4:27p.m. on January 20 a day before my induction date. He weighed 7lbs. 6oz. just like his brother Evan. He was 20.5 inches in length. Just a quarter longer than his older brother.
He's a sweet, and a very hungry baby. I feel like I could run a marathon now that I'm no longer pregnant (even though in reality I couldn't). The most challenging thing is making sure Evan has an equal amount of time with me as Joel. Since I'm nursing Joel it feels like he's permantly attached to me right now. Luckily, my mom has come to help out...Thank goodness for mothers!!!

1 comment:

Beat Emetaphobia said...

Congratulations. Joel is such a cutie and what a healthy looking boy he is! I wish I could give him a big hug and kiss. He looks a little like Evan but definitely a Gutierrez! It will be interesting to compare Evan's newborn photo with Joel's. Take care of yourself and the little one. Keep the photos coming!